Welcome to StageAffair.com, uncovering the secret to writing great scripts.
From high-budget Broadway productions to small-town summer theater, exciting things happen when you get involved with theater of any sort.
And the playwright is at the center of it all.
Whether your play is performed in a small community theater, or on Broadway itself, the thrill of seeing your work come to life on stage is
unlike any other you'll ever experience.
Feel free to browse the playwriting articles on this site, and please sign up for "PlayBill", StageAffair's weekly scriptwriting tips
newsletter. Not only will you get new tips and advice to help you with your scripts, but you'll also get a free book: "Playmaking: how to
write a script." It's packed with 65 pages of solid information about :
- play structure, mechanics and formal conventions
- how to tell a story well in dramatic form
- how to develop and direct it in such a way as best seize and retain the interest of a theatrical audience.
- how to choose or invent a good story
- how to lend dignity to dramatic story-telling
- how to to observe and portray human character
- ... and more!
From afterthoughts and footnotes, convention and strategies for mastering the craft of writing a stellar play, there is something
in this guide for everyone!
Just use the form below to sign up for "PlayBill" and receive your free gift.
We value privacy as much as you do. Your email address will never be rented or sold.